Swim and Survive is the perfect environment for kids to consolidate foundation skills, acquire new skills and increase distance and duration, all while having fun, being challenged and making friends. Our aim is to build a nation of strong swimmers to enjoy the water safely.
- Ages from 5 years and older
- Focus on personal survival, water safety and lifesaving to complement strong swimming skills
- Active practise, activity, and scenario-based learning
- Progressions to achieve National Benchmarks and beyond
WHAT WILL MY CHILD LEARN?
- Entries and exits for a range of aquatic environments
- Floating, rotation and orientation skills in various positions
- Survival skills, techniques and strategies for emergency situations
- Underwater and search skills
- Swimming and survival strokes
- Rescue methods for different situations
- Hazards and personal safety around water
- An understanding of personal aquatic abilities and limitations
- Actions to get help and respond to an emergency including basic resuscitation
SAFETY AND INCLUSIVITY FOR ALL CHILDREN
Everyone has the potential to acquire and develop swimming and water safety skills, so we aim to create a positive, safe, and inclusive experience for all.
ACQUISITION AND CONSOLIDATION
Children will participate at their own ability and progress through levels as they acquire skills and knowledge. It’s important to consolidate the skills before moving on to more complex and challenging tasks. All children will progress at their own
No matter the abilities or aspirations our swimming, water safety and lifesaving pathways seek to provide opportunities to learn, grow and interact. Our aim is to open the door for participants to a lifetime of safe aquatic recreation, active participation and even a career pathway.
We understand that some teenagers have basic skills they want to improve or have not had the opportunity to learn to swim, so they can join in the fun with their friends. Swim and Survive is inclusive for all and teenagers can join in too! We will have classes specifically with other teenagers of the same level. These are generally held late afternoons. Teenagers 16 and over are eligible for our Adult Swim Program.
- Weekday Afternoons 3.30pm - 7pm
- Saturdays from 7:30am